Title III: Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
Posted: Wed, 09/28/2011 - 12:00pm Updated: Fri, 02/22/2013 - 2:47pm
The Title III: Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient (LEP) and Immigrant Students of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 aims to help ensure that children who are LEP attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment in English, and meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards as all children are expected to meet.
2011-12 Title III Funding Allocations
The following charts identify the amount of Title III funds corporations were eligible to receive for the 2011-12 school year.
- 2011-2012 Title III Funding Allocations - 79 Students and Above
- 2011-2012 Title III Funding Allocations - 78 Students and Below
- 2011-2012 Significant Immigrant Influx
Title III Information on the Learning Connection
Information and resources regarding Title III can be found in the IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners) community on the Learning Connection. Follow these steps to become a member of the IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners) Learning Connection Community:
- Login to Learning Connection
- Click on Find a Community
- Type in IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners)
- Click on Join Community