Farm to School
Farm to School is broadly defined as a program that connects schools (K-12) and local farms with the objectives of serving healthy meals in school cafeterias, improving student nutrition, providing agriculture, health and nutrition education opportunities, and supporting local and regional farmers. Farm to School's goal is to enable every child to have access to nutritious food while simultaneously benefiting communities and local farmers. Indiana's Farm to School program draws support from a variety of organizations and interest groups because of the benefits they offer in education, health and nutrition, supporting local producers, strengthening community self-sufficiency, and in encouraging environmental sustainability.
- Farm to School Fact Sheet
- USDA's Farm to School Site
- National Farm to School Network website
- Indiana Farm to School Network
- Getting Started with Farm to School
- The Benefits of Farm to School
View Farm to School Presentations
- Farm to School and the New Meal Pattern Webinar (November 2012)
- Click HERE to view presentations from USDA Farm to School : Sights, Sounds and Stories
- Click HERE to view presentations from the National Farm to Cafeteria Conference (August 2012)
Funding is available for schools, teachers, producers, communities, state agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and more.
- People's Garden Online Financial Resources
- National Farm to School Grants Resources
- Federal Funding
- Farm to School Fundraising Tips
Upcoming Events & Announcements
- Check out our first issue of the Indiana Farm to School Network Newsletter. Click here to view.
Like us on our Indiana Farm to School Network Facebook Page. Click here to access.
Sign up for the Farm to School Listserv
To receive email updates from the Farm to School Team, please click HERE to go to the USDA Farm to School website and click on "sign-up to receive free email updates" located on either side of the webpage. After clicking on "sign-up to receive free email updates," you will be moved to another page. Choose "Farm to School" under the main categories of "Current Initiatives" and "School Meals". Your email address will then be placed into the listserv.
For questions about Farm to School, please contact Maggie Stephon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (317) 232-2130 or toll free (800) 537-1142 (ext. 22130).