Summer Food Service Program
Food that's in when School is Out!
The Summer Food Service Program for Children (SFSP) was created to serve nutritious meals to children when National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program meals are not available. To ensure all children receive proper nutrition throughout the year, SFSP reimburses organizations that prepare and serve meals to eligible children during the summer and school vacation periods.
Contact the Summer Food Specialist for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Preliminary SFSP application due date for new and returning sponsors is April 1, and the final deadline April 30, 2013.
Learn More about the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Want to learn more about the SFSP? Watch a brief VIDEO overview of SFSP operations and sign up for a free USDA SFSP Info Session.
- Sponsorship Interest Survey: Click HERE and complete the survey if you are interested in sponsoring a SFSP site.
- National Hunger Hotline
2013 SFSP Information
2013 SFSP Sites
|2013 SFSP Sites - All Counties||Marion County Sites||Vigo County Sites|
|Allen County Sites||St Joseph County Sites||Interactive Map of SFSP Sites|
|Lake County Sites||Vanderburgh County Sites|
Requirements and Information
- Civil Rights Requirements
- Grant Opportunities
- Local Agency Procurement
- Meal Requirements and Menu Planning
- Online Instructions and Training
- Policies *Includes New 2013 USDA and Indiana Policies*
- Rates of Reimbursement for Prior Years
- Requirements to Establish a Summer Food Service Site
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.